Friday, August 28, 2009

Abney Park and a Very Special Shock Treatment

Everytime Abney Park puts on a show it just gets better and better and better. This time around the Manticore Society (check out our myspace) met up before the concert for some drinks and grub before running into Captain Robert, Daniel C., and Nathaniel Johnstone for a big group picture.

The opening act was Zoe from the Vermillion Lies with a wonderful blend of folksy bluesy tunes. At first she announced that she felt a bit out place with all the wonderful steamys out there in the audience but being the gentleman that I am (pttf...yeah right! Me a gentleman?), I offered her my own pair of goggles to wear while she played her set and all was well in the factory again!

And when Abney Park got on stage...well they just blew the roof off the place like they always do. Sadly Finn wasn't able to make it but the crew of the H.M.S. Ophelia did bring along a very lovely talent as they always do. And if that wasn't all the band introduced on stage the steam busting ghost hunters...the League of S.T.E.A.M.!!! Sadly my equipment cut out was I tried to record them on stage while Abney Park played 'Airship Pirates'. But later on when they asked for volunteers to test out their rendition of a taser...and lo' and behold...yes I volunteered to be the first guinea pig. Before they had us all join hands in a circuit I was the one who held both prongs with his bare hand to see if it worked, it went a little something like this.

Me: "Nope...not working...not working...I think it might be broken...not working...not working...not wor...OH @%^$!!!"

Yeah...I'll just let you guess what I said.







Check out the Manticore Society Myspace for more pictures and videos.
Also check out the League of S.T.E.A.M. at their website.

- Captain Wong Wei -

No comments: